It is hot in Charlotte. Anyone else sweating every second of every day with me? We have been literally breaking records in the high-nineties, and I feel like I haven't cooled down in about eight days.
The blog has been pretty sparse so far this summer, but I thought I would stop by and just catch you up on what's going on. That good with you? Great. So here's what's going on.
1. ALL THE BOOKS.
Did you know that you can borrow books from the library and download them on your Kindle? For Charlotte friends, here's how:
1. Get a library card if you don't have one already.
2. Go to the Digital Downloads page of the library website (if you're not in Charlotte, I recommend googling "Digital Downloads" + your city, or just navigating around the library site a bit)
3. Click "eBooks & eMags", and then click Overdrive. You should end up here.
4. Search for the books you want, or browse around! Once you find one you want, it will tell you if you need to place a hold or if it's available. If you place a hold, you'll get an email when it's available.
5. Once your book is available, you should be able to either read it on that device or download it to you Kindle or other eReader. When I get the email, it takes me to Amazon and I download the book from there.
See? Easy. So far I've borrowed Tina Fey's BossyPants and am currently reading Essentialism, and I borrowed one more that I didn't end up finishing. Free books are great because you don't feel pressure to finish them if they're not doing it for ya!
Anyway. Loving books right now. That's all.
This is a major thing I've wanted to blog about recently. PrepDish is a service that does meal planning for you for $14/month, and so far I really love it. All meal plans are either gluten free or paleo, and are pretty much one-size-fits-all. They serve 4, so we either just cut the recipes in half or keep leftovers for the next day.
And - note - we are neither gluten free nor paleo, but we do love fresh foods and know that avoiding processed food is good. So, it works.
On Friday, PrepDish owner Allison emails you the next week's plans: you get a grocery list (organized by store section!), instructions for how to prep your entire week of dinners in about 2 hours, and then instructions for just assembling a meal each night. So simple.
here if you're want to give it a shot!
3. THERE'S FOOD IN MY YARD.
Yes yes - we have produce! In the yard! I planted peppers, tomatoes, strawberries, green beans, carrots, zucchini, squash, and herbs back in April, and everything is starting to come out! This heat is killing me, but so far things have been going great. These are old pictures - all of the plants are getting huge!!
Anyway. Food in my yard. Love it.
Also since I've blogged, we've hit our first anniversary, celebrated my dear friend Laura's wedding, and made some slow but steady progress on the house.
Oh, and we spent our anniversary weekend in Beaufort, SC. And I ate the most amazing pimento cheese & bacon sandwich ever.
So tell me - what's new with you recently?